Product Manager for Data, Applied ML, UX
Lead Product Manager with 13 years experience bringing clarity to complex systems. I ship scalable solutions and build compassionate teams.
May ‘17 to Current
Fortune 22 retail home improvement company that began a digital transformation in 2015, recently dedicating $11B to renovate internal IT.
Product Manager for Applied Machine Intelligence
- Product manager for first applied machine learning team. Shipped machine learning model for inventory optimization that is projected to yield $1 billion annually, to be featured at Google Next ‘18.
- Led D&Fs to surface opportunities in theft & fraud detection, automation, RPA, deep learning, NLP, computer vision, IoT, chat flows and graph databases. Used quant/qual research to validate hypotheses.
Lead Enterprise Experience Designer
- Grew department to 160+ researchers and designers (3x growth) as one of 4 leads.
- Managed 7+ direct reports in 14 cross-functional teams across 100 critical in-store operations.
- Developed roadmap for in-store environment innovation including mobile, edge and wearable tech.
- Mentored GA Tech CS & HCI students, gave talks at Emory & taught classes at Home Depot on product strategy, AI, API design, and statistical analysis.
July ‘16 to May ‘17
Global $8B mobile tech support company.
Principal Enterprise Design Engineer
- Worked across B2C and B2B departments to integrate NLP chatbot into enterprise tech support tool.
- $50 million annually saved from rapid iteration and hypothesis-testing to achieve 400s call reduction.
- Pitched and led development for interactive ML search dashboard by creating a functional React prototype in one week, resulting in the creation of 3 product teams.
- Designed modular pattern library with micro-interactions, process models, and graphQL models.
Feb ’16 to August ’16
Early stage marketing analytics SaaS startup.
VP of Product
- Launched an Elixir and React-based B2B SaaS application in first quarter, leading to 20% growth.
- Defined and validated product vision and roadmap.
- Hired and paired with distributed developers to architect data and design features, often coding when needed, to meet OKRs.
- Worked with clients and stakeholders to prioritize features in production.
July ’13 to Jan ’16
Top-grossing digital & advertising agency in Nashville, TN.
Director of Product
- Oversaw strategy, design, and architecture to launch several multi-million dollar initiatives.
- Led 6 designers and 12 developers in fast-paced agency environment through agile transformation.
UX Architect & Senior Developer
- Designed and developed mobile apps and enterprise portals for federal agencies with React, and Solr.
- Negotiated trade-offs between clients, client managers, and staff to meet deadlines.
To work on a balanced team that owns a product and solves real problems with augmented intelligence.
To teach about the intersection of product, data science, and design.
To grow a culture of trust.
Major in Journalism
Minor in Analytic Philosophy & Linguistics
Startup product consultant
Nashville UX organizer
Product Development, Strategy & Leadership
Data Analysis, Discovery & Visualization
UX & Quantitative Research
Mobile, Conversational, AI & Edge tech Design.
Lean UX & Agile methods
Python, Jupyter, GCP
Tensorflow, BigQuery, SQL
Twilio, Dialogflow, APIs
JIRA, Trello, Pivotal Tracker
Spreadsheets, sticky notes, and white boards.
Atlanta Applied AI (2)
Nashville UX (3)
World IA Summit (1)
Enterprise UX (1)
Home Depot (4)